Bahawalpur is the eleventh biggest city in Pakistan. It is located at the edge of desert Greater Cholistan, approximately four hundred and twenty-four Kilometers toward the South-west of Lahore. Bahawalpur was the first amongst the previous august provinces of the British Era, to acquiesce to Pakistan in October 1947. The well-to-do territory of Bahawalpur was established in 1727 by Nawab Bahawal Khan. Bahawalpur was the capital of the princely state that was administered by the Abbasi group of Nawabs until 1955.
At the hour of separation, the princely state of Bahawalpur had a completely working independent High Court, named Baghdad-ul-Jaded which was instituted in 1837 by supplanting the recent Chief Court that had been working started approximately in1866. In October 1955, the State was converged into the One Unit. A High Court Called the Lahore High Court with its Principal Seat at Lahore was laid out. This recently made Court had a Circuit Court at Bahawalpur called Lahore High Court, Bahawalpur Circuit that kept on working till first January 1981.
On January 01, 1981, by the High Courts (Establishment) Order (Punjab Amendment) Ordinance, 1 of 1981, long-lasting Benches of the Lahore High Court were laid out with quick impact at Bahawalpur, Multan and Rawalpindi. The then Chief Justice Lahore High Court, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Shamim Hussain Qadri, through memo dated Jan 05, 1981,
designated Hon’ble Mr. Justice Munawar Elahi Rana, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Gul Muhammad Khan, and Mr. Justice Mohammad Rafiq Tarrar to comprise Bench at Bahawalpur. As opposed to the Rawalpindi and Multan Benches of the Lahore High Court, the past premises of the Bagdad ul Jadeed High Court were at that point with Lahore High Court, where circuit Benches used to sit. A similar structure was utilized to house the new Bench. Hon’ble Mr. Justice Gul Muhammad Khan on January 10, 1981, directed at the reference to initiate the long-lasting Bench of Lahore High Court at Bahawalpur.